Salted caramel slice
25 October, 2015 11:18AM AWST
A delicious treat for anyone with a sweet tooth.
- Preparation time:40 minutes
- Cooking Time:20 minutes
- Total Time:1 hours
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup plain flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 125g butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 400g can condensed milk
- 60g butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 4 tablespoon flaked almonds or crushed pistachio nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt flakes or Himalayan salt (not table salt)
- With baking paper line a 3cm deep, 28cm x 18cm tray.
- In a bowl, mix all base ingredients.
- Press into prepared tin.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until light golden. Remove from oven, then cool. Meanwhile...
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat, and continue whisking until golden and viscous.
- Pour over your cooked base.
- Top with the nuts of your choice and very evenly spread over the salt.
- Re-bake for 10 minutes or until firm.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Looking for other easy to make slices?
- You may also like: