Media Statement from Hon Mark McGowan BA LLB MLA and Hon Alannah MacTiernan MLC
- State Budget includes a $83.2 million investment in job-creating infrastructure in the Great Southern region
- $9.8 million for upgrades to the Albany Secondary Education Support Centre and North Albany Senior High School
- $500,000 per year from 2019-20 for the continued operation of the Albany Entertainment Centre
- $22.5 million for the Regional Economic Development Grants Scheme to drive economic development in regional Western Australia
- $80 million to enhance rural bushfire capacity across the State through the new Rural Fire Division
- $70 million for improvements to regional roads across the State identified as high risk for run off crashes
- Investment builds on important projects already underway
- McGowan Labor Government to invest more than $4 billion in Royalties for Regions across regional WA
The McGowan Labor Government is creating jobs and investing in important infrastructure and services in the Great Southern region, while restoring responsible financial management across the State.
The State Budget includes $4 billion in Royalties for Regions funding across the State, delivering important services to people in regional Western Australia.