Join us this February for the 2019 MSWA Albany Ride - a unique community event to raise funds for people living with MS and all neurological conditions in the Great Southern region.
Media Statement from Hon Mark McGowan BA LLB MLA and Hon Sue Ellery BA MLC
- New Jobs and Skills Centre launched in Albany at South Regional TAFE
- Delivery of key McGowan Government election commitment with 13 Jobs and Skills Centres now open across regional and metropolitan Western Australia
- One-stop-shop to address unemployment and workforce needs in the region
The Albany Jobs and Skills Centre, officially launched today by Premier Mark McGowan and Education and Training Minister Sue Ellery at South Regional TAFE, is a one-stop-shop for jobseekers, students and career changers - supporting the employment and workforce needs of the Great Southern region.
Media Statement from Hon Mark McGowan BA LLB MLA and Hon Rita Saffioti BBus MLA
- Work commencing on $30 million upgrade to South Coast Highway
- $6.4 million contract awarded to local WA civil construction specialists, Densford Civil
- Works will improve traffic flow and safety for road users
The McGowan Government is delivering on another of its election commitments today, with the announcement that local Western Australian civil construction firm, Densford Civil has been awarded a $6.4 million contract for safety improvement works along South Coast Highway in Albany.
Media Statement from Hon Alannah MacTiernan MLC
- Local Albany business wins tender for $16 million Stage 2 Affordable Student Housing Accommodation project
Stage two of Albany's affordable student accommodation development is set to kick-off, providing a much-needed boost to the local construction industry.
Media Statement from Hon Alannah Mac Tiernan MLC
- Steve Lewis appointed CEO of Southern Ports
Experienced port executive Steve Lewis has been appointed to the role of chief executive at Southern Ports, effective from January 14, 2019.
Mr Lewis comes to Southern Ports from a role as interim CEO at Mid-West Ports Authority and has more than 20 years of experience as a CEO, of which 15 was in ports.
More Articles ...
- Central Great Southern communities to join historic Early Years Initiative
- Enhanced tourism opportunities with Greens Pool now closed to fishing
- New lifejacket trial to commence at Salmon Holes on January 1
- Renewable energy research hub makes waves online
- Wagin business takes to food game like duck to water
- New community mental health service for people in the Great Southern
- Buy a home for a honey possum with a gold coin this Saturday at Green Fair on the Square
- Red poppy extravaganza lights up WA landmarks as part of Armistice celebrations
- Albany locals encouraged to help guide growth of Spencer Park
- West Australian Opera returns to Valley of the Giants