Media Statement from Hon Mark McGowan
- Visitors to Albany have grown by 26 per cent from March 2018 to March 2019
- Albany REX air route has record-breaking increase with 61,500 passengers since July 2018
- Positive feedback means REX will drop Community Fare advance purchase period from 60 days to 30 days across all routes creating more flexibility and opportunities
- World-class entertainment centre and international art installations encouraging tourists
- Southern Western Australia named as Lonely Planet's number one Asian-Pacific destination for 2019
Premier Mark McGowan visited Albany to welcome the news it is becoming one of Western Australia's hottest tourism destinations, as overnight visitors to the region increased by 26 per cent between March 2018 and March 2019.