The lights go up at Albany Entertainment Centre
Media Statement from Hon David Templeman Dip Tchg BEd MLA
- Albany Entertainment Centre will relaunch with the Harbourside Concert Series
- The performance will move to a larger venue to ensure safe physical distancing
- The Harbourside Concert Series is part of the centre's 10-year anniversary program
The Albany Entertainment Centre (AEC) will reopen to audiences on June 18 with the first of the Harbourside Concert Series, known locally as Harbourside.
The Phase 3 easing of COVID-19 restrictions has enabled AEC to recommence the celebrations for the milestone anniversary of 10 years, of which Harbourside is a key component.
AEC is the first Perth Theatre Trust venue to present a public performance since its closure in March, and the staff at the centre are excited to welcome people back into the venue.
A series of eight concerts, Harbourside has been an annual event since the venue opened in 2010 and showcases local talent alongside musicians from across Western Australia.
To ensure patron safety, Harbourside will move from the foyer into the larger space of the Kalyenup Studio.
Tickets are available for purchase via the Albany Entertainment Centre Box Office by calling 9844 5005. This is to ensure seating can be appropriately arranged using physical distancing guidelines. Tickets will then be available for pick up from the box office on the night of the event.
In preparation for the return of guests, AEC has:
- arranged seating to ensure appropriate physical distancing;
- installed multiple hygiene stations throughout the venue;
- implemented traffic flow control in some areas;
- completed mandatory COVID safe training; and
- increased cleaning regimes across the venue.
More details can be found at https://www.ptt.wa.gov.au/venues/albany-entertainment-centre
Comments attributed to Culture and the Arts Minister David Templeman:
"I am really pleased that the 10-year anniversary celebrations can start up again at Albany Entertainment Centre.
"We know that the Great Southern community have been waiting for the entertainment centre to reopen, and it's wonderful that we are seeing a return to live entertainment.
"Staff have been working hard to ensure that the venue is safe and welcoming for its patrons, so they can return with confidence."