Media Statement from Hon Dave Kelly BA MLA
- Climate change dries up Denmark's water supply
- Denmark is again tracking for one of its driest years on record
- Up to $39 million needed to secure Denmark's long-term water supply
- Stage 5 water restrictions for Denmark from October 1, 2019
- Water to be carted from Albany pending a new pipeline to be built to Denmark
Water Minister Dave Kelly has announced the State Government will need to spend up to $39 million to secure Denmark's water supply, as reduced rainfall due to climate change means Denmark's dams can no longer be relied upon.